Sunday 27 January 2013

Commissioning Cupcakes

My cousin just turned one, and so, as a part of the celebrations for her granddaughter, my Aunt commissioned me to make 24 pink cupcakes with pink icing.


Now the cupcakes were easy, but I'm not very experienced with icing: I substitute in chocolate whatever the occasion. But you can't really do pink chocolate (white chocolate is NOT chocolate). So it took a little bit of trial and error and luck to get the icing to do what I wanted as opposed to what it wanted. But they finally worked, and I had little rows of pink cupcakes in pink patty-cans lining the kitchen bench.


Now having gone this far, it seemed ridiculous to waste the remaining icing and so as an added gesture (that I'd beaten the icing into submission) I decided they needed decorating... with more pink.




Next year, I'm doing green, or orange, or yellow, or chocolate...

 ...not Pink!

Super Easy Cupcakes
2 eggs
Self Raising Flour
Caster Sugar
Soft Margarine/Butter

Weigh the two eggs. You will need the same weight of Flour, Sugar and Margarine.
Cream together the butter and the sugar until creamy and fluffy.
Fold in the whisked eggs and flour bit by bit.
Spoon mixture into patty cans so they're half filled
Bake at 180°C for 15 minutes
Decorate as you see fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...